You’ll be reading all about Duppy Share soon enough on these pages but in the interim, one thing that has stood out, wherever I’ve tasted the Rum, is just how well it seems to fit into a punch. With the weather starting to take a turn towards the chilly, I thought that a few Duppy Share warm punch recipes might be the order of the day………..
- 500ml of Duppy share
- 2 litres of cloudy apple juice
- about 5cm of sliced fresh ginger (I always peel it)
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced lengthways
- 2 cinnamon sticks (plus extra to garnish)
- the juice of 4 limes
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Pour the apple juice into a large saucepan, add the ginger, pears, lime juice, cinnamon and brown sugar
- Bring the heady mixture to the boil and simmer until all of the sugar has dissolved
- Serve in a suitable heatproof glass or mug and add a good measure (at your discretion / heavy-handed measure) of Duppy Share and sink a cinnamon stick for stirring / garnish
Sip, sip and sip again!
This hot punch serves 4 people and contains caramelised pineapple, cream, butter and cinnamon……whats not to like!
- 160ml of Duppy Share
- 160ml of fresh single cream
- 60ml of pineapple juice
- a fresh pineapple quarter
- 40g of unsalted butter
- 20g of brown sugar
- half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Cover the pineapple in half of the butter, sugar and cinnamon and bake in the oven at 180C for around 20 minutes until golden brown
- Warm the remaining butter and sugar along with the double cream and pineapple juice in a pan
- Pour 40ml of Duppy Share into a suitable heatproof glass or mug and ladle the hot mixture over the top
- cut the baked pineapple into wedges and add to the glass as a garnish
- Lightly dust the top with the remaining cinnamon
Sit back and savour…………a guaranteed winner!
Keep your eyes fixed to the blog for my article on Duppy Share which will be added shortly.
© Steven James and Rum Diaries Blog 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material, both written and photographic without the express and written permission from this blog/sites author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Steven James and Rum Diaries Blog with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.